Data Insights Analyst
Want autonomy and variety in your next data analysis / BI developer role? Use your SQL and Tableau skills and be our key business intelligence expert.
- Permanent role based in the Auckland CBD
- Develop and deliver solutions for continuous improvement that have a big impact
- Take ownership and work directly with business stakeholders in a critical role
- NZX listed company with several operating entities which you will work across
Accordant is the only recruitment and resourcing company to be listed on the NZX. With significant entities including Absolute IT, AWF, JacksonStone and Madison, our Group has 270 employees in 22 cities/towns across the country.
We find and hire the people who make up the backbone of our industry and economy – all sorts of skillsets from builders and machine operators, to support staff, policy analysts, IT talent and C-suite executives.
In addition to permanent recruitment, each day we manage a workforce of thousands in a temporary and professional contracting capacity. We also have new initiatives in development so joining Accordant means you can expect a horizon of progress and pace.
Our IT team provide helpdesk support, systems improvement, and business analysis to enable our internal teams to work at pace. Over the past two years we have rolled out major platform changes, digitalised manual processes and embedded data driven tools.
This is an opportunity for a Data Professional to take the next step in their data and analytics career and join us on the journey to provide our internal users with industry leading tools and smarter integration. A lot of work has already been done to maximise our new tech stack, but there is much more scope.
As our Data Insights Analyst, you will work directly with key people across the Group to develop intuitive information assets needed to draw actionable insights and build business performance. You will also have primary responsibility for data migration for upcoming systems changes.
Your role will include:
• Working with key process owners and business stakeholders to translate their business requirements into accurate, timely and insightful analytics
• Using Tableau to create dashboards for operational, financial and client reporting
• Developing SQL queries to interrogate current and legacy databases
• Create, maintain, optimise database objects, jobs and ETL processes
• Preparing source system data for any data migration requirements
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Prior experience as a data analyst / BI developer, ideally using Tableau or another enterprise reporting / visualisation tool
• Proficiency applying data modelling solutions to complex business scenarios
• Strong SQL query writing skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Proven experience building internal relationships
• Adept at understanding and translating the wider business context
• Coding experience is desirable
You’ll find this role rewarding if you’re seeking a data role where you’ll be challenged with autonomy and variety and want to be part of a wider IT team who takes pride in understanding the business context in order to develop solutions and provide superior IT services. They do not settle for status quo, so you’ll enjoy the challenge of continuous improvement.
People who work for our Group appreciate the balance that comes from our entrepreneurial can-do roots and the aspirational pull of being a listed company. While you will sit as part of our corporate services head office, we have a relaxed open office environment.
How to Apply
Join a Group that has a unique part to play in the growth and success of New Zealand and its people.
Express your interest by telling us how the role aligns with your experience and what you’re looking for in your next role.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, further contact Anastasia Gyson on 021 085 83122 or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.