Privacy and confidentiality are key pillars of Accordant’s business. We are committed to ensuring that any personal information we obtain is held and used in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We will ask you to provide certain personal information to help us provide you with the best service that we can, and to enable us to manage any period of employment or contracting with us when you apply through our website, or through a third-party provider such as SEEK, Trade Me Jobs or LinkedIn.
Your personal information will be held by Accordant on our CRM server based in Singapore. We also use external platforms to store your personal information and provide you with our services. See the sections below on how we use your personal information and how we disclose your personal information for further details.
The personal information we will collect about you may include:
- your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, address;
- bank details, payment information, IRD number;
- driver licence, passport;
- emergency contact information; medical information;
- education, qualifications, work history;
- information disclosed in an application, cover letter, curriculum vitae or interview;
- email communications and your written and verbal interactions with us; and/or
- any other personal information you provide us.
We will also conduct pre-employment checks which means that we will obtain information about you from third parties. These checks may include:
- reference checks;
- credit check (if the position involves significant financial risk);
- drug and alcohol test;
- criminal record check;
- psychometric testing;
- anti-money laundering checks; and/or
- whether you have a right to work in New Zealand if you are not a New Zealand citizen.
We will only collect information where we need to do so to provide our service to you. If we ask you for anything that is not necessary but may be helpful, we will indicate that it is optional that this is provided to us. You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, if you don’t, or we can’t otherwise collect your personal information, it may affect our ability to engage with you.
When you use our website, we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include your device’s IP address, referral URL, geo-location and data about the web-pages that you access.
How we use your personal information?
- assess your suitability for an assignment or role with us and any ongoing employment;
- to verify your identity and other relevant application information;
- provide you with our services;
- provide you with information about job vacancies;
- communicate with you (for example to provide support, or correspond with you about your application and role with us);
- facilitate your use of our website;
- to provide our clients with reporting specific to the services we deliver to them;
- facilitate your participation in any promotion or competition that you have entered;
- improve our products and services and conduct market and business analysis;
- keep you informed about our services and tell you about our promotions (except if you have told us that you do not want to receive emails from us that promote our products and services);
- subject to your consent, provide you with news and events we believe may be of interest to you; and/or
- comply with any legal obligations.
If we need to use your personal information for any reason that is not listed above, we will explain why we need to use it in that way and ask for your permission first.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our clients if we are putting you forward for a job.
- our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to the website or any service that we have agreed to provide you;
- associated third parties specific to the recruitment process, including but not limited to LinkedIn;
- third parties to conduct pre-employment checks. The third parties may include a nominal credit check organisation, the Ministry of Justice, a drug and alcohol testing organisation, a nominated psychometric testing organisation, and/or Immigration New Zealand VisaView;
- courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities; and/or
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
If we need to disclose your personal information for any reason that is not listed above, we will explain why we need it and ask for your permission first.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You agree that any information you give to Accordant will be accurate, correct and up to date.
You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are correct and up to date.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about you, and to request that we amend that information if it is incorrect. There are some exceptions to this set out in the Privacy Act. For example, if somebody provides us a reference in confidence, we are not able to disclose that to you even though it contains your personal information.
If you think we have done something wrong, please contact our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. For more information please visit the website for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
All privacy matters are responded to, and our Privacy Officer is responsible for the breach notification process to ensure that the Office of the Privacy Commissioner is notified of any privacy breach that has caused or is likely to cause serious harm.
Security of information
The security of all personal information provided to us is important and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
However, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached.
Links to other sites
We may send you information about us from time to time if you have given us your consent to do so (where required).
You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us at any time by withdrawing your consent. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please tell us when we collect your information, or use the unsubscribe function in the email you receive. Please allow us enough time to process your request. It may take up to five working days.
Keep in mind, any withdrawal of consent does not apply to any necessary communications that we may need to get in touch with you about, such as responding to an inquiry. Also, if you later request information from us and agree to receive communications, you will need to make a new request to opt out, for example, if you sign up to receive news alerts from us.